BRND Studio is a design studio located in Mumbai, India ("we," "us," "our," and "BRND").
We are a design consultancy that uses an integrated thinking process to develop solutions that add value to businesses.
"Affiliate" means an entity that directly or indirectly Controls, is Controlled by or is under common Control with an entity.
"Control" means an ownership, voting or similar interest representing fifty percent (50%) or more of the total interests then outstanding of the entity in question. The term "Controlled" shall be construed accordingly.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify an individual directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
“Service” means any offering provided by BRND directly or indirectly to its clients.
"Visitor" means, depending on the context, any person who visits any of BRND sites, offices, or otherwise engages with us at our events or in connection with our marketing or recruitment activities. "you" and "your" means a Visitor engaging with us on our sites, offices, or at our events or in connection with our marketing or recruitment activities.
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and the process when you visit our Sites, and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities or when you visit our offices. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Visitors.
A. Information We Collect
(i) Information you provide to us on our Sites or otherwise: Our site offers various ways to contact us, such as through form submissions, email or phone, to inquire about our company and Service. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Service, take part in surveys, subscribe to marketing, apply for a role with us, or otherwise contact us. We may also collect Personal Information from you in person when you attend our events or trade shows, if you visit our offices or via a phone call with one of our sales representatives. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we may keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information we collect may include:
- Business contact information (such as your name, phone number, email address and country);
- Professional information (such as your job title, institution or company);
- Nature of your communication;
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences); and
- Any information you choose to provide to us when completing any ‘free text’ boxes in our forms & / or details provided in your CV, should you choose to apply for a position with us.
At times, as and when requested, you may be required to review the information provided to ensure that the details provided are not found to be inaccurate or deficient and if so, that the same be corrected or amended to the extent feasible. BRND shall not be responsible for the authenticity of any information / data which is supplied / provided by you or any third party or otherwise.
The information we collect automatically includes:
- Device information: such as your IP address, your browser, operating system, device information, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, the type of mobile device being used, request information (speed, frequency, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after ours (called “exit page”), standard server log information, information about other websites you have recently visited, the web browser you used (software used to browse the internet) including its type and language), advertisements viewed and / or clicked upon within the website (if any) and viewfinder size and scripts errors.
- Information collected through data collection technologies in the nature of cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small files that are installed in your browser. The website will be able to access only cookies installed by it and not those of any other website. Web beacons are codes that deliver graphic images onto the website and that can recognize certain information on the User’s computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, etc.
- Any information posted by you in a public space on the Website or on a third-party social media site belonging to BRND.
- Demographic information about you, events you like / intend to participate in or any other information that may be collected as a part of a survey too.
- Usage data: such as information about how you interact with our emails, our site (such as the pages and files viewed, session duration, links clicked, searches, non-sensitive text entered, mouse movements, operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage).
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our site and in connection with our events and marketing activities (alone or in combination with other data we collect) for a range of reasons including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our sites.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with BRND Studio.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage the site and system administration and security.
- To manage event registrations and attendance, including sending related communications to you.
- To register visitors to our offices for security reasons and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our visitors.
- To help us provide, improve and personalize our marketing activities.
- To send you marketing information, product recommendations and non-transactional communications (e.g., email, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications).
- To facilitate the security and continued proper functioning of our sites.
- To carry out research and development to improve our sites, products and services.
- To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our site, and to provide other personalized content based on your activities and interests to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in supporting our marketing activities or advertising our Service or instances where we seek your consent.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes, such as data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our sites and service, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, or responding to lawful requests.
- For security purposes, so as to protect our company, our clients, visitors or our Website.
- For purposes otherwise permitted by law.
The non-personal information collected automatically on visiting and / or interacting with the website may be used by BRND to run algorithms for its own internal analytics and research as to the demographics, interests and behaviours of various visitors on the website, to better understand and service interests.
C. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Blog. We have public blogs on the BRND Studio site. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us at email@example.com. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- Social media platforms and widgets. The BRND Studio Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
D. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
E. Other Data Protection Rights
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You can also contact us at any time to update your marketing preferences We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
A. How We Share Information
Other examples include analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support for our Service, processing payments, and delivering content.
(iii) Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
(v) Any other person with your consent.
We may also share information with selected third parties for statistical or research purposes that has been aggregated and made unidentifiable to the third party.
B. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA and UK Persons Only)
If you are located in the EEA or UK, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below.
C. Your Choices and Opt-Outs
(i) Marketing: Visitors who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
(ii) Data Analytics: Our data analytics projects use data including Personal Information of visitors to provide and improve the Service. You can also opt out of data analytics projects at any time by completing this form or emailing us at email@example.com.
(iii) Personalized Advertising: We may share limited Personal Information of our Members with third-party advertising networks, exchanges, and social media platforms (like Google and LinkedIn) to display advertising on the site or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites.
(iv) While you are not required to provide Personal Information that is requested however, if you choose not to do so, in many cases, BRND may be unable to provide you with its Services and / or respond to any queries / comments that you may have.
(v) Should you voluntarily provide Personal Information or other information sought, while availing our Services and / or accessing our Website or otherwise, you do have the option to withdraw consent, at any point of time, provided the same is communicated in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you withdraw such consent, we will have the option of not providing Services & / or responding, for which the said information was sought.
D. Our Security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. Should there be any concern or misuse and / or unauthorized access, email us at email@example.com.
It is your responsibility to ensure that: (i) irrespective of the nature of the device being used by you to access the Website, the same is secure and all necessary steps are taken to ensure that auto-fillers within your browsers do not cause leakages of critical information; and (ii) that you promptly inform us of any discrepancies in the Personal Information disclosed to us, thought there may be a limit on the extent that we can rectify the same and BRND reserves all rights in this regard. In certain instances, we may request for documentary support to minimise the risk of unauthorized access.
E. Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Service.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or de-identify it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
F. Changes to this Policy
G. Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and Rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Grievance Officer : Sudhir Bhatia
Address: BRND Studio, 114 Sir Vithaldas Chambers, 16 Mumbai Samachar Marg, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, IN
Contact / Phone number : 9819992665
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
On any grievance being raised, in writing, the Grievance Officer will endeavour to address the concerned grievance within one month from the date of receipt of the grievance in writing. Any such grievance will be addressed in accordance with best practice and applicable law.
If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can also email us at email@example.com
I. Applicable Laws
This document is published in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000, the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 and the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011. Additionally, it is also compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation in its application to Users in the EEA.
J. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.